Leading with Relationships and Boundaries with Jahaan Blake, Type 2Aug 25, 2022
When you hear the word leader what comes to mind?
Is it a person in a power suit leading from the front of a room?
Maybe someone leading a big team, inside a big corporation?
Leading as an owner of a business?
Leading a large community online or from a stage?
I'm going to guess, if you're like a lot of people, the initial image wasn't of yourself.
Maybe it's because you don't have the title or a team yet, or you don't own a business, or because you don't have "that many" people in your community yet. Or maybe people you just don't feel like you have the personality for it.
Whatever the reason you may not feel like a leader (yet!), inside today's episode you'll learn how to start operating with a leader mentality and leading from wherever you are this minute.
Our guest today is Jahaan Blake - fan experience consultant in the sport and entertainment industry, career coach to high-achieving women wanting to land leadership positions in that industry, and host of the Game of Her Own podcast. And she also identifies as an Enneagram Type 2.
Listen in to hear about:
- the 4 traits of a successful leader
- how to start leading from where you are
- incorporating the idea of a fan experience into your own business or career
- Jahaan's personal experience leading as an Enneagram Type 2
- and the one question she uses to help her maintain a healthy level of giving and helping
Connect with Jahaan and learn more about how to work with her:
Learn more about how Sarah can help in your Enneagram journey:
- 1:1 Enneagram Coaching for starting a business or navigating a challenge at work
- Bring your team or group together with an Enneagram Workshop Experience
- Entertain and inform at your next event with an Enneagram Speaker
Download your quick reference Enneagram guide: https://www.enneagrammba.com/cheatsheet
Get Enneagram resources for influencing and interacting with people at work.
Understanding People is a free weekly newsletter sent out each Saturday morning with Enneagram insights, self-awareness how-to, book recommendations, and human behavior research to help you build healthy relationships, inspire others to action, and live the best version of yourself.