The Difference Between Enneagram Type 3 and Type 7Jul 12, 2022
The Enneagram Type 3 is known as the Achiever, the Performer, or the Role- Model, striving to feel outstanding, accomplished, and successful.
The Enneagram Type 7 is known as the Multi-tasker or the Enthusiast, striving to feel excited, satisfied, and fulfilled.
These two types are common "look-alikes" that can get confused by their energetic personalities, future focus, forward-moving energy, and positive outlook on life. They both love a good plan, but for different reasons, and both can juggle multiple projects and can get bored easily.
Catch some of the key differences in the video below, including insight around:
- effort around focusing - for Sevens it can be tougher
- motives behind planning - Three's want to plan with purpose and get to the result quickly
- relationship with options and limits - Sevens avoid being limited in any way
- ability to see a project through - Three's tend to have the upper hand on execution
- core driver behind their job or business - Sevens will look for something fulfilling with flexibility while Threes may be more focused on the image that job or business will give them
If you know of someone else that might be helped by this, please share!
Are we connected yet?
To bring the Enneagram to your team and understand all the types on your team, learn more about the group and team experiences:
If you know you're type, grab your guidebook to dive in deeper about your Enneagram type and ultimately, yourself:
Get Enneagram resources for influencing and interacting with people at work.
Understanding People is a free weekly newsletter sent out each Saturday morning with Enneagram insights, self-awareness how-to, book recommendations, and human behavior research to help you build healthy relationships, inspire others to action, and live the best version of yourself.